Posted on December 14, 2014
There are many options beyond photo prints that are available at Portraits by Rod. The custom video option is a great way to share still images from the photo shoot in a different format.
For this video, the music is provided by The Blue Effect. I’ve known the band members for years, and they played at my wedding reception! They got their start at Detroit Country Day School and went on to win both the Birmingham and Michigan State battle of the bands.
Posted on November 27, 2014
Posted on November 18, 2014
We have so many great designs this year for holiday cards. If you had your family, senior or newborn portrait session with Portraits By Rod, we can transform your images into a custom holiday card that your friends will love. Christmas cards, New Year’s cards, and much more are available through our wide variety of templates.
Contact us soon…time is running out.
Posted on November 4, 2014
Seven iPhone Tips You May Not Know About
As a photographer, I use my iPhone often. Whether I’m sending emails, scheduling photo appointments, taking fun photos, editing photos or talking to clients, I use the phone all the time. There are some cool iPhone shortcuts and tips that many people may not be aware of, so I thought I would share them.
1. When the camera app is open, you can use the volume controls to snap images. This can be much more convenient than pressing the home (capture) button.
2. Your photo can take rapid fire shots in burst mode. Open the camera app, press and hold the home (capture) button and you will see an indicator of the number of rapid fire shots that were taken. They will appear as one image in “photos”, but you can select “favorites” to see the individual shots.
3. Your camera has a built in level. Just open the “compass” app, swipe left, and there it is. This is great for proper installation of framed and mounted prints.
4. I wish I knew this one a long time ago. Double tap on the space bar to end a sentence, add a period, and start a new one. This is a big time saver.
5. Also, sometimes you type a bunch of text and realize you need to start over. No problem. Just shake your phone and a pop-up will give you the option of “undo”.
6. Turning you phone to “airplane” mode speeds up the recharging process.
7. For increased security, go to “settings”, “general”, “touch id & passcode” and then turn off “simple passcode”. This will enable you to insert more secure characters into your passcode.
Posted on October 29, 2014
This session with Madeline, a senior at Detroit Country Day School in Oakland County, ranks in the top 5 of all my sessions this year. It was a beautiful, late-October day and she rocked the Detroit Riverfront. Her training in theater and her sense of style, together with her great personality and looks, created lots of positive energy.